Agricultural Accounting Services
The accountants at Cook CPA can help with agricultural business needs and challenges from tax prep to land leasing.
Agricultural production is a big business. For instance, in 2012, the most recent year for which statistics are available, agricultural production in Placer County was valued at close to $75 million. Agricultural businesses are a vital part of our regional economy, and it’s important that they operate as efficiently as possible. That’s where agricultural accounting services come in. Agricultural accountants can help you navigate federal and state tax codes and use them to your advantage. They can help you make the most of your profits all year long!
If you’re like most small business owners, you’ve probably been too preoccupied with running your company to worry about such details as whether Congress has renewed research and development credits or what tax credits are accessible to help you lower your payroll expenses. Maybe you’re very knowledgeable on the tax laws that affect your agricultural firm, but don’t know how depreciation works or when Section 179 rules come into play.
Perhaps you’re considering a new investment such as sustainable agriculture or ag-related biotech, or you’re concerned about who would take control of your small family farm when you retire.
Cook CPA Group is here to help
We’ve been assisting agribusinesses throughout the United States with their unique accounting requirements for more than 25 years. Not only are we well-versed in tax law and agricultural companies, but we also have a great deal of experience with the cyclical nature of crops and the long-term commitment it takes to make a company like this successful.
Agricultural businesses require special accounting expertise.
Our company is built on a foundation of understanding the issues faced by agricultural enterprises such as yours—from the land you lease or own, to the animals you raise, to the crops you cultivate and how your goods are distributed. We understand, for example, that to maintain day-to-day farm management operations, you must be close to the farm or near your production facilities.
That’s why, when you need our services, we come to you whether it’s tax accounting, tax preparation, or tax planning for the following year. We like visiting farms of all sizes and learning more about you. It’s part of our job at Cook CPA Group to get to know you personally. But one of the benefits of choosing Cook CPA Group as your tax company is personalized attention. Here are some additional advantages that hiring competent, courteous, and professional tax specialists at Cook CPA Group can provide:
- Tax Preparation to assist you with quarterly and annual tax returns to ensure that your company is in compliance with all state and federal rules.
- Tax Planning during the entire year for profit maximization and taxes minimization
- Strategic Business Planning because a loan or financial aid may not be the best solution if you’re having trouble repaying an existing debt. You need to determine where you want to go and how you’re going to get there before deciding whether or not it’s worth taking out a new business loan. If you do require a fresh source of cash, we can help with strategic business planning to clarify your course and prepare your company for additional loans and funding if necessary.
- CFO Consulting on every business issue you might encounter related to taxes
- Financial Auditing to ensure that your financial statements are solid and well-done
Our success is your success
Whether you run a small farm that sells your goods locally or a large farm with a crop processing plant, our goal is to ensure that you claim every credit and deduction allowed under federal and state tax legislation.